It’s both sweet and spicy, and helps a cause that really matters in our community.
Chocolate Fantasy and Chili, too! is a unique, important way you can show your support for the YWCA emergency shelter, which each year helps over 1,400 women and children in rebuilding their lives.
On Thursday, September
7 from 11am – 7pm, some 1,500 attendees of all ages will come to the Delta by Marriott to participate in the day’s festivities:
• Your favorite local chocolate delicacies abound, from tortes and cheesecake to brownies and fudge. Sample as many as you like!
• Over 100 auction items and high-end raffle items line the halls.
• Mobile bidding keeps you connected with hot items you’re hoping to buy.
• Celebrity servers include athletes, television and radio personalities, local law enforcement, and many more familiar faces.
• You’ll connect with friends and neighbors whether you come for lunch, dinner, or an over-the-top afternoon coffee!
Our event is staffed entirely by volunteers from businesses and groups passionate about improving life from the less fortunate. For the past 33 years, Chocolate Fantasy and Chili, too! has been helping the YWCA on its mission to provide the tools and resources that women and children need to begin a new chapter free from poverty and violence. Our services begin by meeting basic needs such as safe shelter, food, personal hygiene, and clothing. Once these needs are met, we turn to empowerment. We offer each woman the support she needs to find peace and begin recovering physically, emotionally, and spiritually from the damaging effects of poverty and violence. Wherever a woman may be on her journey, we walk alongside her to ensure she has access to the tools and resources necessary to reach her goals, live independently, and pursue her ultimate life.
It’s more than just chocolate. The purchase of one $15 ticket provides a week of food for a child at the emergency shelter. Your generosity can make our area safer, healthier, kinder and better for women and children – and with every bite, you are changing the course of her life.