3.0 CEUs Medical Errors
"Between its outlaw image, controversial legal status and complex makeup - the cannabis plant contains more than 400 individual chemicals - marijuana's action in the brain and body is in many ways a mystery." - Kieron Monks, CNN
Presenting by Gregory L. Smith, MD, MPH
Medical Cannabis: What Clinicians Need to Know and Why
Gregory Smith, MD, MPH earned his medical degree from Rush Medical School in Chicago, and a Masters of Public Health from Harvard University. He completed residency training in Preventive Medicine at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Since leaving the US Army with the rank of Major,Doctor Smith has been in primary care practice in California, Georgia and Florida for the past 25 years. He first trained on use of medical cannabis in California in 2000, and has made medical cannabis and CBD oil part of his practice since that time. Dr. Smith is an avid writer, having published two medical textbooks, a novel called Malpractice, and articles with many magazines and over a dozen peer reviewed medical publications.
Participants will learn:
- the history of medical Cannabis
- about the plant Cannabis Sativa
- the basics of the Endocannabinoid System
- Pharmacodynamics of cannabinoid medications
- cannabinoid medications can be used for various psychological conditions with specific details on dosing medical Cannabis for PTSD, Anxiety, Depression and OCD
- contraindications to the use of Cannabinoid medication.