The educator’s goal is to ensure students love learning and are motivated to achieve at high levels. During this conference, you’ll hear keynotes and participate in breakouts packed with tools, tips, and templates for successful instruction and assessment. Gain strategies to ensure every student can
answer these questions: “Where am I going and why?” “How am I doing?” “Where to next?” Experts will share implementation models, answer questions, and discuss next steps with your team. You’ll leave empowered and prepared to ensure every student, regardless of background, is college and career ready.
• Develop a balanced assessment plan for your school or district, to ensure student investment in their own learning, frequent and specific feedback, gap analysis, improved instruction, and collaboration.
• Acquire the skills to refine traditional lessons into standards-based lessons with clear learning targets.
• Gain strategies to help students really understand classroom expectations and how their success will be measured.
• Discover how to build common formative assessments and analyze the data to both remediate and extend instruction.
• Develop a toolkit of feedback strategies to impact student investment and learning results.
• Recognize how to build assessment literacy, utilizing a learning map to differentiate professional development.
• Identify how technology can improve the instruction and assessment process.
• Gain research-based approaches to standards-based grading and reporting.