The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force on 25th May 2018 and this will impact how you collect and store people’s personal information.
The Association has developed a guide for self storage operators on the issue and will be running industry specific training on the matter.
Lindsey Hemingway, from Rooks Rider Solicitors, will be running the training which will cover the following elements as well as general issues pertaining to the GDPR and self storage:
• The importance of your data protection policy and how it needs to be available to potential customers.
• Gaining freely given consent to keep and use customers information to follow up on enquiries and for other purposes.
• How you comply with GDPR when collecting information online.
• Establishing systems that allow you to delete data on request.
• How long should you hold personal data for?
• The role of the Data Protection Officer
• How CCTV footage is impacted via the GDPR.
• Dealing with data breaches