Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training -Module A (45 Hours)
with Kim Allcock, RPYT, E-RYT500
and Mandy Colbert, RPYT, RYT
TRAINING TIMES & DATES:
Saturdays & Sundays, 12:30 - 6:30 pm
Feb. 6 - 7, Feb. 27 - 28, Mar. 19 - 20, April 9 - 10
+ attendence at regularly scheduled prenatal classes TBA.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
Prenatal yoga provides numerous benefits to mother and baby. In this training yoga teachers, doulas and other birth professionals will learn to safely and effectively lead prenatal yoga practice, and pregnant practitioners will find a deeper experience of yoga and pregnancy.
Participants must have a working knowledge of basic alignment principles and have completed a 200-hour basic yoga teacher training OR at least one year of dedicated yoga practice.
· The benefits of yoga for pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
· Anatomy and physiology of mother and baby
· Asana, pranayama and meditation for pregnant practitioners
· The importance of pelvic alignment
· Therapeutic applications of yoga for pregnancy and labor
· Contraindications for the prenatal practitioner
· Experiencing, designing and leading prenatal yoga classes
This is part of a 2-part training that comprises 85 hours of instruction and meets the Yoga Alliance's standards for prenatal yoga teachers. It is possible to participate in Part I only. Part 1 is a required pre-requisite for participation in Part 2 (offered Autumn 2015, dates TBA). Participants completing both parts will be eligible to apply for Yoga Alliance RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) designation.
Part 2 will include: ( offered in August 2016)
· Improving skills and finding your authentic voice as a teacherAdvanced sequencing and using flow in pre- and post-natal classes
· Understanding the role of a teacher
· How to start, promote and keep a prenatal class running
· Detailed study of prenatal/postnatal postures & anatomy
· Understanding fetal development
· Partner yoga, mom and baby yoga
· The 4th trimester for mom and babe
· Infant massage and developmental movement of babies
· Cultural attitudes toward birth, history of birth
CEUs available for Yoga Instructors and Yoga Loka's 500-Hour Teacher Training Credits are also available for completing either or both parts of this training. (The hours can be applied to EITHER the RYT500 or the RPYT status but not both)