Bill and I are going to Scotland in August 18-27, 2016.
Check out at http://anitaroberts.grouptoursite.com
Day 1: Travel day: Overnight flight to Edinburgh today.
Edinburgh for 3 nights
Day 2: Arrival in Edinburgh: Included meals: Dinner
• Welcome to Scotland! Meet your fellow
travelers at tonight’s
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of Edinburgh & the Tattoo: Included
Get to know Edinburgh in all its medieval beauty on a tour led by
a local expert.
• View the elegant Georgian-style New Town and the Royal Mile,
two UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Pass the Sir Walter Scott monument, the largest monument to
a writer in the world
• Enter Edinburgh Castle to view the Scottish crown jewels and
Stone of Scone
***Spend a free afternoon exploring Edinburgh on your own or
add an excursion.
• Tonight, join thousands of others under the lights of Edinburgh
Castle for an evening of military bands, dance, and
performances at the Military Tattoo.
Day 4: Free day in Edinburgh: Included meals: Breakfast
***Spend the day exploring on your own or add excursions.
Inverness Region 2 nights
Day 5: Travel to the Inverness Region: Included meals:
En route to Inverness, stop in Perthshire, the gateway to the Scottish Highlands.
• Visit the historic Blair Castle, home to the Dukes and Earls of
Atholl that dates back to medieval times
• Explore Edradour distillery with a guide and enjoy a whisky
Day 6: Free day in Inverness Region: Included meals: Breakfast
***Spend the day exploring on your own or add an excursion.
Western Highlands 2 nights
Day 7: Western Highlands via Loch Ness: Included meals:
Continue westward along the Great Glen, making several stops before arriving in the Western Highlands region.
• Visit the Loch Ness 2000 Exhibition, where you’ll see a full-
scale replica of the loch’s legendary monster
• View audio-visual exhibit detailing the history, sightings &
myths surrounding the loch.
• Stop at the Caledonian Canal, which runs between Fort William
Day 8: Kilchurn Castle & Oban Distillery: Included meals:
Make your way to the ruins of Kilchurn Castle, located on the beautiful Loch Awe. Here, a local will introduce you to the castle’s engaging history on a guided tour. Then, transfer to the waterfront village of Oban for a tasting of Scotch Whisky.
Glasgow 1 night
Day 9: Sightseeing tour of Glasgow: Included meals: Breakfast,
Stop in Glencoe, site of the notorious 1692 MacDonald clan massacre, and take the high road past Loch Lomond on your way to Glasgow. Arrive in Scotland’s “second city,” where you’ll embark on a guided tour.
• Discover local highlights, including George Square & the River
• Admire the city’s university and medieval cathedral
• Visit the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, which features
everything from medieval suits of armor to a collection of work
by Scottish artists
Later, join your group for a farewell dinner in Glasgow.
Day 10: Departure: Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home or extend your stay to continue exploring Glasgow.