What are your rights as a Muslim within the American workplace? Do you have the right to pray at work? Can you be excused for Friday prayers? Does your employer have to give you time off during Ramadan or for Eid? Can they force you to handle pork or alcohol if it's a part of your job? This event
will address these questions and others. Please come, and bring your questions!
Panel Moderator - Sheikh Smail Fenni, Acting Imam for Yusuf Mosque
1. Sis. Rosa Naimane – Rosa is of Hispanic descent and married with 3 children.She was primarily raised in Ponce/Salinas on the Southern part of Puerto Rico as a young child but moved to New York and thereafter to Boston.
2. Sis. Shannon Erwin - Shannon is an attorney and executive director of the Muslim Justice League (MJL), a Boston-based, Muslim driven organization advocating for human and civil rights that are threatened under national security pretexts.
3. Sis. Nahed El-Kholy, M.DS -Sis. Nahed is a Retired Board Certified Psychiatrist with a Medical Degree from Cairo University- Egypt and completed her Residency Training in the field of Psychiatry at University of Maryland in Baltimore, MD and at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Washington DC. 4.
4. Dr. John Robbins - John is the Executive Director of the Massachusetts chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). He holds a Ph.D. in English Literature from Cornell University. He was previously a postdoctoral research fellow at Tufts University.
5. Bro. Robby Owens – Robby volunteers as an organizer of programs and activities designed for converts to Islam. He was a co-founder and organizer of "Convertsations", a popular monthly ISBCC program series. Robby is of Irish decent and grew up in Western Massachusetts. Robby converted to Islam over three years ago.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any questions.