Photo Credit: Mary Chan
Ladies and Gentlemen,
A 3 Days/2 Nights trip to Ulu Muda beckons! Nature Guides Selangor Branch is organizing a trip to visit this wonderful place in hopes that you will be able to spread the word with photo evidence on how beautiful and important nature is while experiencing
a little bit of life in the remote areas of Malaysia. The suggested itinerary is listed below. If we are lucky, we might come across elephants!
• Trip Date: 22-24 June 2018
• Limited to 15 pax.
• 13 years and above as it is an insurance requirement due to the remoteness of Earth Lodge.
• Per Pax: RM600
• Trip to be only for MNS Members. Non-members to top up RM70.
• Dormitory accommodation with attached bathroom. Camp bed, sleeping bag and air pillow provided at Earth Lodge.
• Excludes Transport to, lunch and parking at Muda Lake Jetty
• Inclusive of boat transfers, accommodation, all meals, activities, guide and entry permits
• Need 50 % deposit by 31st March 2018, remaining payment by 30th April 2018. Payment made are not refundable but transferable to another participant for this trip only.
• Transport is by carpooling which costs are to be shared between drivers and passengers.
Meet up at N 6° 7.263', E 100° 51.619' at Muda Lake Jetty.
Earth Lodge Location: N 6° 6.920', E 100° 57.810'
Below is the suggested itinerary:
Meet Lake Muda Jetty (at noon)
Lunch at the Jetty
Boat ride to Earth Lodge at Kuala Labua (approx. 1 1/2hrs)
Briefing & Introduction
Wildlife boat cruise with visit to saltlick (Sira Bongor or Sira Keladi)
Free and easy
Dinner and lights out
Trek to Bukit Labu (2 hours hike)
Visit caves at Bukit Labu
Lunch by the river
Trek back to camp
Wildlife boat cruise plus visit to saltlick (Hot Springs)
Free and easy
Free and easy
Leave Earth Lodge by Boat (11am)
Back at Lake Muda Jetty
End of trip
*This is a suggested program and is subject to change without prior notice.
Documents required* (to be emailed to Angeline)
1. Scanned or digital photo of IC (front only) for Malaysians or main information page of passport if non-Malaysian.
2. Digital colour passport size photo (if DIY, must be direct frontal shot of upper torso & head with plain colour background).
* Please be aware that this is a requirement of the State Forestry Department.
Earth Lodge is also a research centre so there shall not be any human composed concerto except using earphones, karaoke sessions or fishing activities.
For more information on Earth Lodge itself, please visit: https://www.earthlodgemalaysia.com/
Please make payment to:
Malaysian Nature Society Selangor Branch
Maybank acc: 014150307352
If interested, please check with Angeline if there are still places available and make payment before registering yourself here: https://goo.gl/forms/vIIUCG7rSKX9MluG3 and remember to email Angeline the documents required!
Availability status will be updated in Selangor Branch’s Event Page. More information will later be shared to registered participants.
For more information about this trip, please contact organizer, Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or asst. organizer, Angeline at email@example.com