My past three years of membership in the Engineering Governing Council have been an incredible opportunity to represent the student body and be an advocate for improvement in the School of Engineering. I have had an impact in the engineering community through my roles in a variety of initiatives ranging
from improving Rutgers voting turnout as a School of Engineering Senator to organizing two EGC “What’s on Your Mind” surveys to capture the thoughts and concerns of engineering students. I am grateful for these opportunities to make a difference, and I am eager to expand my role in the executive board.
The External Vice President coordinates class and external representatives, assisting the President as an external face of the council. Having served EGC in external positions like RUSA Representative and University Senator as well as in internal roles like Parliamentarian and two-time University Affairs Chair, I have developed a strong foundation of leadership experience that I believe makes me an ideal candidate for the position.
This spring, I ask for your support in my candidacy for External Vice President so that I can continue to serve the engineering student body in my final year at Rutgers.
• Collaborate with other student government organizations on existing initiatives like cost reductions for textbooks and online homework, and move in new directions like producing informational guides for incoming first-years
• Continue working with Career Services to provide engineering programming like information sessions for FE exams, and push for more opportunities to host student society-run career fairs
• Work with the Aresty Research Center for Undergraduates to co-sponsor student research fairs, host information sessions about summer research opportunities, and have alumni speaker panels to promote careers in industrial research and development
• Work with RES, the engineering alumni association, to host more student-alumni events and involve alumni more in the Rutgers Engineering community
• Mandate an event service requirement for EGC class representatives to ensure they continue to serve the student body after being elected
• Allow EGC members to use ad-hoc committees to fulfill committee requirements so students can put their full energy towards efforts in areas like community service and sustainability