In this 2 day workshop students will learn:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory, Qi, Yin and Yang
- 12 main meridian pathways and the functions of their connecting organs
- the Du and Ren meridians and their functions
commonly used acupressure points
- how to perform acupressure to treat conditions
and harmonize energy
- how to perform a full body meridian massage treatment
Meridian massage differs from Shiatsu in that it is applied directly to the skin and muscle tissue with long flowing movements interspersed with some acupressure over specific points.The intention of the course is to help massage therapists have a stronger effect on the muscular, circulatory and nervous system by adding the knowledge and skill of meridians and acupressure to their everyday massage treatment.
At the end of the course students will be able to give their patients a full body meridian massage treatment that relaxes the patient, releases the muscles and harmonizes energy. Massage therapists may choose to use meridian massage on its own or incorporate acupressure and meridian massage into their everyday massage treatments.
12 Credits with RMTA, 9 Secondary Credits with MTAA