COME DANCE WITH NADIA BEFORE SHE RETURNS TO CALGARY!
MCDC's barefoot conscious community dance happens every Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:30 at the beautiful Makawao Union Church on 1445 Baldwin Ave in Makawao, Maui. Please bring plenty of water and wear clothes that allow you to move freely. No experience
Donations $15 with the option of $8 for one-wave dancers. Our second wave starts around 6:30. Please inquire about work trades - we do not turn dancers away for lack of funds!
ABOUT NADIA VAN DOREN:
Visiting from Calgary, Nadia is a certified Core Connexion Facilitator, a beautiful movement practice founded by Eva Vigran who trained with conscious dance teachers Anna Halprin and Gabrielle Roth and many others. "This practice guides us to the present moment, where we can connect to our aliveness, creativity and deep sense of being."
TEN GREAT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OUR MCDC DANCES:
1. Every MCDC Dance Journey offers two dance waves, each with its own musical trajectory from gentle movement all the way back to stillness at the very end. Our second wave starts around 6:30.
2. Dancing is our preferred language on the dance floor, so please save conversations for outside. When outside we appreciate it if you can adjust your voices to the quiet phases of our dance.
3. We dance in a way that is physically safe for all. If you like to lift others, please keep feet below the waist.
4. Illegal substances and alcohol are not to be consumed anywhere on the Makawao Union Church property.
5. We want to keep our smaller creatures safe and only allow children and dogs on the dance floor when they are held in arms.
6. If you experience any difficulties on the dance floor, please find an MCDC team member and we will do our best to support you.
7. The two sound speakers closest to the front doors are at a lower volume. We provide ear plugs if needed.
8. If you tend to be cold at dance, please bring layers. Also, the fan in the right hand corner when facing the front door is turned on low.
9. Please limit any announcements after dance to those of great communal concern and let us know in advance if you have one. All other announcements are for on the porch or on the chalk boards outside.
10. Please expect singing and clapping to happen at our dances :-)
"Put your body in motion and your psyche will heal itself."
ENJOY YOUR DANCE!