This summer, join Make Noise as we celebrate 10 years of making synthesizers with concerts, talks and more! Held over the weekend of June 15th here in Asheville, NC, our 10 Year Celebration will be a look back at this history of Make Noise, its instruments and artistic collaborations.
off is a Make Noise Records showcase at the Diana Wortham Theatre in downtown Asheville, featuring performances by Tyondai Braxton, Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe, Bana Haffar, Hypox1a and Meg Mulhearn! Tickets for the concert are available now through the Diana Wortham Theatre box office:
The ticket also lets you in to a pre-show Happy Hour at the Center for Craft, Creativity & Design, just a few doors down from the former location of Make Noise's headquarters!
* Please note the concert (and happy hour) require a ticket, but all other events associated with the weekend are free! *
Join us on Saturday for panel discussions and a hands-on pop-up Synth Library at the newly renovated Ambrose West event space, just down the block from Make Noise HQ!
The panel discussions include:
1. Performing & Composing with Modular Synthesizers, featuring the musicians from Friday night's concert (moderated by Tony Rolando)
2. Make Noise Module Developers Panel, with Tom Erbe, Yerpa58, Matthew Sherwood and Tony Rolando (moderated by Walker Farrell)
3. Building Community Through Modular Synthesis, with Surachai, co-founders of the S-1 Synth Library, Technological Taxidermy and Modular on the Spot (moderated by Kelly Kelbel)
4. Microsound, Tape Music & the Morphagene, with Tom Erbe, Tony Rolando, Walker Farrell and Richard Devine.
Additionally, a synth library will be installed in the space, full of Make Noise modules (both in and out of production), 0-Coasts, Shared Systems and all of our various System configurations.
For the nighttime, we've partnered with the All Go West festival to put together two concerts in West Asheville (a dance party at The Mothlight, and an experimental bill at The Fortune Building). Artists to be announced soon!
Finally, on Sunday join us for an afternoon Modular on the Spot concert at the French Broad River Park!
While all of this is happening, Richard Devine will have a sonic sculpture installed at the Black Mountain College Museum, and the films of Sean Curtis Patrick will be screened on an endless loop at the Asheville Movement Center, just behind Make Noise HQ!
More details and information will be added as additional events and artists are confirmed! Be sure to check back here often for updates!!
Hope you can make it, and thanks for 10 years of support!!