Order tickets via Eventbrite:
This programme is aimed at staff who need to understand the importance of design for people with dementia but may not have a direct role in influencing
design. It provides an ideal starting point for teams about to embark on a new venture.
To provide an introduction to design of continued care and hospital environments for people with dementia. Learn how simple, low cost changes to the environment can make a real difference in reducing agitation and distress.
Limited part funding is available for Scottish residents through a grant by the Scottish Government. For more information to see if you qualify, please contact Dawn on the details below.
- Presentations and group activities
- Includes a ‘simulated ageing experience’ workshop: feeling the impact of design
- Have an increased understanding of the impact of old age and dementia, why environments matter in dementia care and the adverse effects of poor design.
- Have a brief overview of ‘dementia friendly’ design principles, be able to name at least four key features and offer a short explanation of how these features help.
- Reflect on environments in which they support or work with people with dementia and identify potential for simple improvements / changes.
- Identify where to find out further information and access more detailed advice.
To be entitled to a refund all cancellations MUST be received in writing no later than 2 weeks prior to the event date. An 80% refund will be given if cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the event and 50% refund if less than 4 weeks’ notice is given. No refund will be given if cancellations are received within 2 weeks before the event. Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcomed.
For more information please contact Dawn at email@example.com or 01786 466427.