Rural tourism is becoming necessary. There has been a phenomenal growth of rural tourists across the world. As the interest of visitors is increasing in rural tourism, many destinations around the world and India have incorporated rural tourism products in their current range of product portfolios and
have integrated it into their overall tourism strategy to attract more tourists to their country.
The proposed conference seeks discussion on both inbound tourism from these markets to India and outbound tourism to these markets. The proposed tracks include:
1. The attractiveness of India as a rural tourism destination.
2. Perception of India as a rural tourism destination among these markets.
3. Rural tourism products of India sought by these markets
4. The readiness of India as a rural destination
5. Real vs. staged experience debate in rural tourism
6. Rural tourism governance and community stake
7. Challenges for rural tourism visitors
8. Design and delivery of the rural experience
9. Rural tourism and rural development
10. Role of NGOs in development of rural tourism
11. Institutional framework and support for rural tourism
12. Rural tourism case studies and experience (from around the world)
13. Rural tourism and sustainability
14. Capacity building for rural tourism