The majority of people have less than $30,000 saved for retirement, and one third of Americans have nothing saved at all. Indeed retirement planning is a scary subject, but it’s possible to get past fear to an actionable plan. Economist Teresa Ghilarducci, a nationally recognized expert in retirement
security, a professor at The New School, and a trustee to two retiree health-care trusts worth over $54 billion, shares essential advice on what you can do to plan a secure retirement, taken from the pages of her new book
HOW TO RETIRE WITH ENOUGH MONEY: And How To Know What Enough Is.
Cutting through the confusion and misinformation that keep us spending and saving poorly,
Teresa will answer your questions and discuss variety of crucial subjects, such as:
· What you need to know about saving for retirement in your 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, and beyond.
· How to make money grow and get current expenses under control.
· Why you should “get rid of your guy”—that financial planner whose fees suck up your valuable assets.
· How to get the very most out of Social Security.
· The incalculable advantage of paying off your mortgage.
· What exactly is a comfortable nest egg?
· Proven strategies for cutting back on spending.