Holiday Art Crawl

Tour all your favorite downtown art spaces on Saturday, December 9th during the first annual Holiday Art Crawl! This family-friendly event lets you behind-the-scenes at 8 local spots, where you can create your own art, meet and support local artists, or sit back to enjoy a live play or classic holiday

film.

BONUS: The Market Street Parking Garage is FREE on Saturday, and all metered spots are also FREE (though 2-hour limits apply)!

DOUBLE BONUS: Collect 2 stamps on your Art Crawl "passport" and redeem for a FREE kids hot chocolate at Splendora's valid until December 31, 2017! **Passports are available at all participating venues.

The Details:
VINEGAR HILL THEATRE Open House and Grinch screening (10am-2pm)
Enjoy holiday cookies, explore stop-motion animation stations, tour our Winter Wonderland, and enjoy a free popcorn while you watch The Grinch!

MCGUFFEY ART CENTER Winter Celebration (10am-1pm)
Jugglers, music, donuts, family fun, open studios, and 2,500 square feet of holiday shopping!

CHROMA PROJECTS Aggie Zed Sculpture Demonstration and Talk (1pm-3pm)
Exhibiting artist Aggie Zed gives a demonstration on how she concocts her amazing part animal/part human/part machinery characters.

LIVE ARTS Sweet Charity (8pm-10pm)
A perennial favorite, with music by Cy Coleman, lyrics by Dorothy Fields and book by Tony-Dramatist Desk-Golden Globe-Emmy winner Neil Simon, this ruefully comic story with its heart-of-gold heroine has the perfect combination of heart and edge for Live Arts to celebrate.

SECOND STREET GALLERY Gallery Rally (4pm-7:30pm)
Gallery Rally is a live drawing party and fundraiser where artists work side-by-side and works go on sale as they are completed. Visitors have the opportunity to watch the creative process, as sketches become completed works of art over the course of an hour. Over 40 invited artists will work in 1-hour shifts with a new group of artists starting every 30 minutes. As the artists complete their work, they are immediately available for only $50 each!

WELCOME GALLERY Giftmaking at the Gallery (10am-1pm)
Pull your own screenprint or custom order a calligraphy gift tag by a local artist. Admission is free; screenprints are $10 per print. We'll provide paper, but feel free to bring t-shirts, totes, aprons, etc. to print on. Gift tags are $2 per tag.

NEW DOMINION BOOKSHOP Holiday Storytime (10:30am-11:30am)
Fran Slayton will read from her book for children of all ages.

THE BRIDGE PAI Gift Forest (10am-7pm)
Gift Forest is a holiday pop-up shop featuring artists, designers, makers, and collectors from across the region. It's a direct way to support creative culture in Charlottesville, Virginia and the surrounding area. 70% of sales go back to vendors. The remaining 30% funds program expenses.

▼ Show More Information

, 22902
Charlottesville
09 December , Saturday 10:00

More Events Nearby

 28 October , Sunday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 10 November , Saturday
 Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Suites, Zion Crossroads
 28 October , Sunday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 28 October , Sunday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 28 October , Sunday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 28 October , Sunday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 28 October , Sunday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 JOHN PAUL JONES ARENA, Charlottesville
 11 November , Sunday
 OpenGrounds, Charlottesville
 10 November , Saturday
 PetSmart, Charlottesville
 28 October , Sunday
 Charlottesville, VA, United States, Charlottesville
 25 October , Thursday
 Generation 180 Charlottesville, Charlottesville
 03 November , Saturday
 Riverview Rivanna Trail,
 03 November , Saturday
 Riverview Rivanna Trail,
 27 October , Saturday
 Cunningham Creek Winery, Palmyra