We gather on the steps of the grand old Library at Afzal Ganj, and walk towards Musi covering Afzal Ganj Mosque, a Dargah, the tree of life at Osmania General Hospital and end with chai at Nayaab Hotel.
Gathering Point : Telangana State Central Library ( Asafia LIbrary) ,
Afzal Gunj, HYDERABAD.
is the location on google maps
Registration for each of the walk costs Rs. 200 per head, and can be done right before the walk commences, at the starting point. Please make sure you come 15 minutes prior to the start time in order to facilitate this. Cheers!
This event is being organized as a part of Jashn-e-Hyderabad, a festival celebrating the spirit of the city of Hyderabad from 4 April ( birthday of the founder of city Quli Qutub Shah) to 15 April
poster art by Arul Tippabhatuni
Participation Guidelines :
- Registration for the walk is Rs. 200 per person. ( Kids go free ).
- Students will get a 50% Discount on the registration fees.
- Walk lasts 2 hours, and spans a little over 1.5kms (with lots of breaks and stops in between).
- Please dress respectfully. Women are requested to bring along
scarves to cover their hair while going into the dargah.
- Please carry your own bottle of water along with you to avoid buying plastic bottles. Also, please avoid buying anything that comes in plastic/non-biodegradable covering while on the walk. Also, no littering please.
- If you want to seek or offer a ride from your place to the venue, or if you want to transport pool by cab/bus, you can make a post in the discussions section of the event page about where you are coming from and connect with other participantscoming from your locality.
- Our starting points are usually irani cafes etc. Plan on arriving early so that you can register, meet other participants and soak in the sights and sounds of the place, before embarking on the walk.
- If you are coming by your own vehicle, please plan on coming early in order to figure out parking .
- If you are late and arrive after the walk has already started, it would be very difficult for you to join us. We can't promise that we'd be able to direct you to our current location, nor ensure that you would join the group. Hence, please don't be late.
- Wear chappals/sandals which are easy to removable and wear back.
- The walks shall always start promptly on time.
- Musicians, singers, performers are welcome to bring their instruments and songs. We'd be delighted to have you share your talents with the participants gathered before and after the walk. Same goes to jugglers, performers, poets, slammers, beatboxers and all artists.
- No smoking. This goes without saying - be courteous, respectful and considerate towards fellow participants and the walk hosts.