The Functional Assessment Course bridges the gap between traditional orthopaedic assessments and functional movements that are performed by our patients during their daily activities. This course uses evidence based functional movement strategies and assessments on the M.A.T (Movement Assessment Tool)
to set movement baselines, calculate injury risk and track treatment progression over time.
You will learn:
- How functional movement assessment fits into your practice to improve your patient management
- Why traditional physical therapy tests often have poor validity and fail to identify the cause of your patient’s condition.
- How to know if your treatment or exercise prescription is actually working and having a meaningful effect on your patient’s management goals.
- 12 movement assessments, most of which are validated in the literature and can be performed on the M.A.T.
- How to use the M.A.T to decide whether your patient can return to the sporting field.
- How functional movement assessment using the M.A.T can significantly increase buy-in to your management plan and increase patient rebooking’s improving your bottom line.
- How to get more meaningful information from your gait assessment.
- How to measure any 3-dimensional movement your patient may perform using the M.A.T.
- How the M.A.T and assessment techniques can help you manage chronic pain patients.
- How to functionally assess the ankle, knee, hip, spine and shoulders
- How to utilise the FREE M.A.T (Movement Assessment Tool RRP: $99.95) to quantify patients risk of injury and track their functional progression.
Why do our Functional Assessment Course?
- To learn how to incorporate the latest thinking in pain and neuroscience into your assessment and get better outcomes with chronic pain patients.
- To learn how the M.A.T (Movement Assessment Tool) can revolutionise your practice
- We know how hard it can be to get meaningful information from your gait assessment. We’ll show you how to get more information that may help you narrow in on the cause of your patients condition.
- Develop confidence in deciding patient or athlete risk of injury and when they can return to sport.
- To help you increase your patient numbers, improve your rebooking rates and increase your bottom line.
- Meet your CPD requirements and further your knowledge in a fun environment that will immediately add value to your practice and that you can incorporate confidently the very next day.
This course is suitable for:
AHPRA registered professional such as
* Occupational Therapists
- Myotherapists – IRMA Accredited
- Remedial Massage Therapists
- Exercise physiologists
For more information or to book now, visit: http://www.functionalmovementgroup.com/functional-movement-group-courses/