We are delighted to announce that Notre Dame University Bangladesh is going to arrange an Inter University Basketball Championship to honor the memory of Fr. Benjamin Costa, CSC, from 23 February, 2018 at Notre Dame University Bangladesh, Motijheel, Dhaka.
The championship will be held among 10 teams
and invitation has been sent to more universities than available slots which consist of both private and public universities. The procedure is “First Come First Serve” basis as the slots are limited and each team should not contain more than 12 players.
***Rules and regulations to be followed throughout the whole tournament-
1. The tournament committee makes all the final decisions concerning any objections; that is, protests, eligibility, on-court and off-court misbehavior, etc.
2. All the matches will be conducted under the FIBA rules and regulations, 2017.
3. The procedure is “First Come First Serve” basis as the slots are limited
4. The students participating in the tournament must be from current undergraduate programs and no alumnus and post graduate students are eligible. Violation of this rule will penalize all the relevant games and will result in a loss for any team associated with this player.
5. Each team should not contain more than 12 players.
6. The deadline for confirmation is Thursday, February 15, 2018, and the list of players should be submitted by Sunday, February 18, 2018.
7. All the players are requested to fill in the Registration Form properly with adequate details.
8. No player shall play for more than one team during the tournament. Violation of this rule will penalize all the relevant games and will result in a loss for any team associated with this player. If teams are seeking temporary substitutes for listed players who are in transit, please speak to the tournament officials first.
9. Every team needs to be present on court 30 mins prior the game time. Failure to do so, the tournament committee will wait for the first 15 mins. If any teams fail to appear they will be given walk over for that particular game.
10. Referee’s call will be considered as the final call and all the teams should obey them.
11. Each university is requested to have their own jersey with numbers to avoid any miscoordination among the players.