About Your Trip
“The Paris of the North” or “The Gateway to the Arctic” — no matter the nickname, Tromso is an unequivocally charming northern retreat. From polar expeditions and centuries-old architecture to booming cultural hot spots and the famed northern lights, this Norwegian city offers something
for everyone to explore.
Begin your adventures with a full-day tour to the historic city center and take in its many sites. Continue to Polaria, an aquarium featuring northern fish and animal species — including a favorite of the locals, bearded seals! Then, go from underwater sights to soaring high above the ground via Fjellheisen, Tromso’s popular aerial cable car. Since its inception in 1961, this attraction has offered sweeping panoramic views of the city, as well as glimpses of nearby fjords and mountains.
The following day, put on your warmest clothing and board a motorcoach to the outskirts of Tromso for a possible viewing of the aurora borealis that lights up the night sky in bursts of spectacular colors and shapes. You’ll even be treated to delicious cookies and hot chocolate to help you stay cozy while you marvel at this stunning scene.
What we love:
• Probably the most famous Tromso landmark, the modern Arctic Cathedral has often been called “the opera house of Norway” due to its likeness to the famous Sydney Opera House.
• Fjellheisen’s lower station is located on the city’s mainland, about 164 feet (50 meters) above sea level. Its cable cars travel to the upper station — which sits at about 1381 feet (421 meters) above sea level — in an astounding 4 minutes!
• Located in the heart of the aurora borealis zone, Tromso is one of the best locations in the world to view the cosmic marvel.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in Tromso, Norway, as well as:
• Full-day sightseeing tour of Tromso; includes transportation and guide.
• 4-hour northern lights tour; includes cookies and hot chocolate, plus transportation and guide.
• Welcome reception with 1 drink per person and light appetizers.
• 3 breakfasts and 1 dinners.
• Complimentary round-trip porterage at the hotel for 1 bag.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Tromso Airport (TOS), approximately 3 miles (5 kilometers) away, a drive of about 15 minutes. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso is conveniently located a couple blocks from the Norwegian Sea and provides ideal views of the Arctic Cathedral and Tromso Sound. This boutique hotel is home to Charly’s Restaurant & Bar, where guests can indulge in Northern Norwegian specialties, and a cozy, rustic pub in which to warm up after a day of outdoor adventures.
• 2 restaurants and 1 bar.
• Fitness center with sauna and solarium.
• There is no on-site parking at this hotel. Nearby lots are available for about 400 Norwegian kroner for 24-hour parking.
Standard Room accommodations with:
• 1 double bed or 2 twin beds. No extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromso
9259 Tromso, Norway
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.