Iceland, the Land of Fire and Ice, compels with its endless natural beauty of volcanic and glacial vistas. On this fully escorted DreamTrip*, travel along Iceland’s Ring Road, a highway that circles the perimeter of the island, as well as the popular Golden Circle route. From the comfort of a coach bus,
you’ll glimpse the untouched scenery of the tundra and subarctic. At times, the highway is flat and wide with farmers’ fields stretching far into the distance. Then, the road turns bumpy and narrow as you approach quaint fishing villages and quiet mountain towns. The bus makes frequent stops so you won’t miss a thing! Walk around, snap some pics or just enjoy the fresh crisp air.
Each day brings new adventures — and surprises — along the way! Marvel at immense stretches of icy white glaciers, verdant valleys, ancient lava fields and black-sand beaches. Climb a volcano crater, hike a trail in a UNESCO-protected national park and traverse a surreal lava labyrinth. You’ll come across cascading waterfalls, serene glacial lakes, bubbling geysers and majestic coastal shorelines. If you’re lucky, you may encounter seals, foxes, reindeer and wild horses. Stop to soak in hot springs, and stroll through a museum or two.
A photographer’s inspiration, an adventurer’s bucket-list journey, an outdoor enthusiast’s mecca, or a geologist’s dream — whatever the reason, Iceland captivates all who visit.
*Please see Itinerary and Additional Information sections for further details on this extensive coach bus tour.
What we love:
• Built in 1834, the Vidimyri church is an excellent example of old Icelandic architecture with its sod roof and wooden walls; some artefacts inside the church date to the 17th century.
• Besides being a place to socialize, hot-spring baths claim to offer various health benefits, including improved circulation, pain relief and mental relaxation.
• According to Icelandic folklore, Dimmuborgir is the place that connects directly to the underworld because of its landscape of ominous rock formations and caves where mischievous trolls may live.
• Throughout the world, Reynisfjara is known as one of the top non-tropical beaches due to its rugged beauty of towering sea stacks, gapping cave mouths and waves crashing on its black-sand beach.
Your DreamTrip includes 8 days and 7 nights at various accommodations in 6 locations across Iceland, as well as:
• Admission to the Icelandic Seal Centre and museum in Hvammstangi.
• Admission to the Vidimyri turf church.
• Admission to the Myvatn Nature Baths; includes complimentary towel rental.
• Admission to Petra’s Stone and Mineral Collection.
• Admission to the horse stables and geothermal greenhouses at Fridheimar farm.
• Complimentary use of non-slip snow-and-ice grippers for your shoes.
• Mandarin-speaking guide.
• 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• Airport transfers via Flybus shared shuttle.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Keflavik International Airport (KEF), approximately 32 miles (51 kilometers) away, a drive of about 45 minutes. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Round-trip airport transfers via shared Flybus shuttle are included from:
Keflavik International Airport (KEF) to the hotel on April 7, timing based on flight details provided.
The hotel to Keflavik International Airport (KEF) on April 14, timing based on flight details provided.
To arrange your airport transfers, please submit flight details by March 3.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
The farther north you go on the Ring Road, the more remote and isolated the landscape gets. It’s one of the great attractions about this DreamTrip — completely away from it all! You may notice that accommodation options get less fancy. However, our handpicked countryside lodgings still provide some of the best experiences, and most importantly, a welcome respite after a full day of sightseeing. Enjoy a comfortable night's sleep at each Ring Road property so that you're refreshed and ready for the next day's adventures!
(Please note: The specific names will be announced and will be confirmed no later than 30 days prior to departure.)
Double Room or Twin Room accommodations with:
• 1 double bed. No extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child age 6 years or younger.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Pricing for children for your hotels may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that each hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.