About Your Trip
Iceland, the Land of Fire and Ice, compels with its endless natural beauty of volcanic and glacial vistas on this DreamTrip for guests ages 16 years and older. From your stylish lodgings in historical downtown Reykjavik, set off to see the unforgettable scenery of the country’s southern
lowlands. Pass by tranquil farms, mountains and countryside before you reach Seljalandsfoss, a breathtaking waterfall of ribbon-like water cascading from a jutting lava cliff. Continue to the Solheimajokull ice wall — where you can walk right up to the glacier — on your way to Iceland’s southernmost village, Vik i Myrdal. Later, the black sands and rock formations of Reynisfjara beckon you. From this stunning volcanic beach, enjoy the magnificent view of the Dyrholaey promontory as boats sail underneath its arch. The next day is unscheduled, allowing you to plan your own adventures.
The following evening, embark on a nighttime city tour. Start with a visit to the Perlan glass dome for unforgettable sights from its 360° view of the city. Then, head to Reykjavik's seafront, the Hofdi building, Hallgrimskirkja church, the Reykjavik city center and the parliament building by the Austurvollur public square. Conclude your busy day at a local restaurant with a Viking-inspired meal — right down to the traditional serving trays!
What we love:
• Iceland is known for abundant waterfalls — the result of melting glacier ice during the summer — including the impressive Skogafoss with its 203-foot (62-meter) drop.
• The Hofdi building was the site of the historic summit between former U.S. President Ronald Reagan and USSR Secretary-General Mikhail Gorbachev in 1986.
• Reykjavik gets most of its energy from geothermal power, making it one of the greenest cities in the world.
Your DreamTrip includes 5 days and 4 nights in Reykjavik, Iceland, as well as:
• Half-day South Coast and Waterfalls tour; includes transportation and guide.
• Nighttime city tour; includes transportation and guide.
• Welcome drink upon arrival (1 per person).
• Traditional Viking-style dinner during your evening tour on Day 4.
• 4 breakfasts.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Keflavik International Airport (KEF), approximately 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, a drive of about 45 minutes. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik is a local landmark and protected historical building located along the waterfront in the city center. Constructed in 1919 by a former shipping company, this beautiful building was converted into a boutique hotel in 2005. This trendy spot is within walking distance of the National Museum of Iceland and the popular hot dog stand Baejarins Beztu Pylsur.
• 1919 Restaurant, which features locally sourced items, and 1919 Bar & Lounge.
• Fitness center.
• Several walking, running and cycling routes start and end at the hotel.
• One Touch app (in-room concierge service).
Standard Room accommodations with:
• 1 queen bed. Extra bed available at an additional cost.
• Maximum occupancy 2 people.
Deluxe Room accommodations with:
• 1 queen bed or 2 twin beds. Extra bed available at an additional cost.
• Maximum occupancy 2 people.
All room types feature:
• In-room safe.
• Coffee- and tea-making facilities.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Radisson Blu 1919 Hotel, Reykjavik
Reykjavik 101, Iceland
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.