Drama Research Matters: introduction to research in drama education for teachers
Drama Australia in partnership with Drama Victoria presents an interactive workshop/seminar for drama teachers who are interested in learning more about current drama research in Australia. Teacher-researchers will present
snapshots of research projects, and share ideas for approaches to researching drama classrooms, and opportunities for post-graduate research in drama education.
The PL is directly related to AITSL Professional Standard 6 by providing professional learning that brings together drama teaching colleagues for analysis of current research and practice to improve the educational outcomes for students.
Topics covered in seminar/ workshop:
· Drama education research in Australia today.
· Purposes of drama education research.
· Snapshots of current Australian drama research projects.
· Approaches to research in drama education (methods and ethics).
· Pathways to post-graduate studies and research degrees in drama education.
· Teachers as researchers— presenting to colleagues and writing for publication.
Participants interested in researching, critically reflecting upon and writing about their drama education practice will be encouraged to partner with a researcher to write an article and/or be mentored to write for submission to Drama Australia publications NJ or ADEM.
221 Burwood Hwy, Burwood,
Entrance 2 off Burwood Hwy. Free parking. Tram stop nearby.
Time: 6:00pm - 8:30pm
FREE EVENT: REGISTER VIA DRAMA VICTORIA