Science, history and myth collide during the Dragon Festival on Saturday, October 20, 2018. Explore the lore of dragons, the impact these creatures have had on societies across the globe, and the science behind the growth and dissemination of their myth! All of the sights and sounds that make the myth
of dragons so alluring will be in full-force throughout the day!
Members enter for FREE! Admission is only $7/adult, $5/ages 3-18, and free for children under 3.
Want to be a vendor at this year's festival? Download our vendor application form here!
* Dragon Hunters by Vikings of the Valley: Live-action history and education
* Dragon Art, Figurines and Sculptures
* Dragon Parade
* Dragon Films
* Plant and Animal Fossils: How science helped forge myth
* Craft Corner
* Snakes and Dragons: Live snakes used to demonstrate the physical characteristics of the mythical dragon
* Face Painting
* Balloon Animals
* Sidewalk Chalk Art
* Telling Stories: Dragon story books read aloud
* Story Creation: Story stones and stuffed animals
Additional details will be announced in the coming weeks. For more information, please contact the museum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-634-4141.
Thank you to Roanoke College and the Dragon Research Collaborative for helping make this event possible!
Thank you to our sponsors:
* Sovah Health - Martinsville
* Appalachian Power
* The Lester Group