Film making processes has been changed a lot with the advent of new technologies, especially handheld digital devices like smartphone. This has opened doors for filmmakers by creating an environment where talent, creativity and hard work counts more than budget and industry connections. Believing that
anybody with a thought-provoking concept or a touchy story can make a great film, the festival will showcase works of new generation and find talented students using a tool so simple and readily.
* Director must be a current student of any Institution.
* The films must be submitted in MPEG4 (*.mp4) format.
Awards & Prizes
Cash prize (BDT 10000), Crest and Certificate
Rules & Terms
1. Director of the film can be single or group (maximum 8 persons).
2. Each participant can submit maximum 2 films.
1. Use of additional equipment is allowed, including (but not limited to) external microphone, lenses, lighting tools and tripod.
2. All films must be submitted in MPEG4 (.mp4) format with an Aspect Ratio of 16:9.
3. Use of Animation/VFX must not be more than 30% of total duration.
4. Any device or software may be used in post-production process such as editing video and audio, color-correction and special effects.
5. Maximum duration of the film must be within 15 minutes including title and credit line.
6. English subtitle is mandatory and should be merged with the visual.
7. There is no restrictions regarding theme/topic. All genres are welcome.
8. Use of any copyrighted materials is prohibited unless there is a written permission.
9. No nudity, profanity, extreme violence or racist content is allowed.
10. CinemaScope will preserve the right to archive, publish and use submitted materials for academic and non-commercial purpose.
Deadline and submission:
1. No entry fee is required.
2. Submission deadline is April 21, 2018.
1. Acceptance notification will be sent by email on April 26, 2018.
To know more about rules, categories and awards please visit our submission page: filmfreeway.com/DhakaShortFilmFestival2018