We're aiming for THE BIGGEST CANADA CELEBRATION IN THE WORLD (outside of Canada)! Spread the word please!
★ Canadian & Soul of Sydney DJ's, Caesars, Mooseheads & Molsons, Poutine, $15,000+ in prizes including a TRIP FOR 2 TO CANADA thx to Air Canada, our famous Trivia, Street Hockey Tournament... oh
yeah, and 50 TONNES OF SNOW!!!!!!! ★
Huge indoor space! Huge outdoor space! Two different DJ areas simultaneously! So much happening. More details coming soon. In the meantime, check the event poster.
★ WIN A RETURN TRIP FOR 2 TO ANY MAJOR CITY IN CANADA
The amazing people at Air Canada have donated the ultimate grand prize for our charity raffle (supporting local project of the United Way). Winners can choose to fly from Sydney to ANYWHERE in Canada that Air Canada flies to (as long as there's a direct flight from Vancouver)!! That means pretty much every major city and lots of other places. Subject to the usual blackout periods and paying taxes. Thanks Air Canada!!!!!
★ FOOD, DRINKS & FUN
Canadian food like real Poutine! Canadian drinks flowing like Caesars, Molson Canadians,Mooseheads, Canadian Club Whiskeys and boutique Canuck beers. Our famous Trivia Comp & Game Show kicks off at 5pm with over $2,000 in prizes.
★ VOLUNTEERS HAVE MORE FUN
We're looking for a few hip, young, cool volunteers on the night for an hour or so. PM if interested.
★ HOW IS ALL THIS POSSIBLE?
We have the best sponsors EVER for this event. And they support us and the Canadian comunity all year round so please take the time to support them too!
★ Air Canada
★ Canadian Club Whisky
★ Costco Wholesale
★ Hungry Jacks
★ Outback Steakhouse
★ Brooklyn Boy Bagels
★ Bonza Bike Tours
★ Skaters Network
★ Bucket Boys Craft Beer Co.
★ Chugg Entertainment
★ Jelly Belly
★ O Canada - one stop Canuck Shop!
★ Destination British Columbia
★ The Lumberjack Trading Co.
★ Sydney Bears Ice Hockey
★ Magenta Shores Golf & Country Club
★ The Old Growler Canadian Eatery
★ Sydney Ice Dogs Hockey
★ Destination Canada
★ United Way
★ Molson Canadian
★ TABLE BOOKINGS
There's some limited table bookings available for 4:30pm-6:30pm and 6:30pm seatings. Note that some tables will need to be moved later in the evening to make room for dancing! Request a table online: http://greenwoodhotel.com/book-a-table/
We're also keeping lots of tables open for walk-ins and there's plenty of space for eating, drinking, dancing, fun, games and some surprises of course!
★ FREE PARKING
First of all, you should've drive cause (a) we're gonna party hard and (b) this place is right above the Nth Sydney Train Station!! But if you do, parking is maximum $10 all day (you can leave any time up to 4am) but it's also free any time after 4pm with validation from the Greenwood!!!
★ STREET HOCKEY TOURNAMENT 2PM-6PM
It's free to play & the amazing people at Skaters Network are supplying all sticks, nets, balls, etc. We'll also have $500+ of prizes for the tourny (and some fun games). Here's some basics:
- register as an individual or register a team by email to email@example.com by June 20th
- we'll also accept some walk-ins on the day (details TBA)
- teams can be up to 8 people and must have at least 2 people of each gender (at least 1 person of each gender must be playing at any point in time). Some games will be 5 on 5, some will be 4 on 4
- you can bring your own stick, etc but we'll also have free stuff available to use
- all players must sign the standard waiver on the day (we'll get the waiver posted with the rules prior to the event)
- schedule will be sorted by Justin Gallego, our Commissioner of Hockey, once registrations come in
- for all specifics of the tournament check back here as well as the rules (which we will keep updating)
- if you think we've got something wrong, please email us and tell us and we'll try to fix it up and let everyone know!
Link to Street Hockey rules: http://networkcanada.com.au/images/Canada_Day/Street_Hockey_Tournament_Rules_2017.pdf
★ FAMILY FRIENDLY TIL 7PM
Under 18's are welcome til 7pm. They'll get in free. After 7pm it's adults only!