WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Female dancers with at least 5 years experience in bellydance. Multiple styles a plus; we perform classical, tribal fusion, ATS, and folkloric.
-We have a strong emphasis on classical dance technique and proper body mechanics, so experience in ballet/jazz/modern/etc is also
- Ability to learn choreography quickly, retain information, good spatial awareness
- Professional attitude and team spirit
- 18 and older
- Ability to travel
- Strong and flexible. We frequently incorporate backbends, turkish drops, splits, floor work, prop work, etc. Good stamina is also important.
- We have developed a streamlined rehearsal process. New dancers are only cast in one or two numbers. We poll the cast to select a date and we learn the whole choreography workshop style over a few hours. We then add the new material to our weekly rehearsal and only "run" the choreography. This gives us a greater amount of time to work on perfecting the choreography.
----Note for out of town dancers------
Dancers outside Spokane can commute once or twice a month to practice all together (essential for spacing) and can do the majority of practice and memorization at home, using provided notes and video as reference. This of course only applies to dancers who have good memorization and retention skills. We can also connect via Skype or Powhow for rehearsal.
- In an upcoming meeting, venues and dates will be discussed.
-Dancers need to be available for the rehearsal process as well as mandatory dress and tech rehearsals. Day of show is usually an 8-10 hour process with setup, tech, hair/makeup, show, meet and greet and load out.
- Costumes are provided for most numbers, some new numbers may require a costume investment, we usually split the cost. There may also be some costume pieces that need to be made. dancers are responsible for fitting their costumes.
Please contact Nefabit via PM, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 481-1533 to either set up a private audition, or send the following via email:
Video examples (at least one each group choreography and solo)
-Number of years experience in each style
-Examples of past shows and experience with troupes
- List any of the props you have experience working with (zills, sword, veil, candle tray, etc) as well as any skills that apply (splits, backbend, zippers, Turkish drop, spinning, etc
- List professional theater shows or regular gigs (house restaurant performances, etc)