JOIN US for a convening of organizers, activists, leaders, and educators committed to the movement for racial justice in the suburbs. This is a unique opportunity to get to know each other, share strategies, learn about policy issues, and strengthen our efforts.
REGISTER TO ATTEND: https://aros.eventbrite.com
Keynote - George Lakey: master trainer, organizer, and writer for WagingNonviolence.org
• Cherish Casey: racial justice organizer with Essex County Community Organization
• Claudia Fox Tree: educator and board member of Mass. Center for Native American Awareness
• Heather Leavell: social justice advocate from Melrose
• Atara Rich-Shea: prison abolitionist and director of operations for the Mass. Bail Fund
• Linda Thomas: educator from Tewksbury
Affordable Housing | Criminal Law Reform and Ending Mass Incarceration | Efforts to remove Native American Mascots | Successful campaigns targeting decision-makers | White people’s role in challenging structural racism, and more ...
FOR PANEL/WORKSHOP DESCRIPTIONS AND PRESENTER BIOS: www.wmcn.org/event/aros
The Anti-Racism Organizing in the Suburbs Working Group (AROS) -- a joint project of Community Change, Inc (CCI) and the Winchester Multicultural Network (WMCN)