Do you have a broken household item you’d like fixed but need a hand to do so? Then this is your opportunity. Clothes, ceramics, computers, jewellery, furniture...no job to big or small. You just need to be able to carry it in and be happy to sit with the fixers and learn how to fix it. You’re also welcome
to drop in if you have something you want to fix and are just looking for advice on how to do so.
This month volunteer fixers with the following skills are available to help you repair items:
- Sewing: including hand sewing/hemming/alterations
- Furniture / Wooden Items
- Bicycles: fellow Joinery tenants, The Adelaide Community Bicycle Workshop is open every Saturday.
We’ll have a couple of ‘all rounders’ and a horticulturalist onsite too.
Do you have the skills, but just need access to tools? In addition we’ll have DIY tables for:
- Sewing: there will be a sewing machine available for people to come and use. A limited selection of thread is available.
- Jewellery: We’ll have pliers & and a small selection of parts (loops, clasps) available.
- Glue, String and Tape Table – for the simplest repairs to be carried out
NO electrical (appliances etc) repairs THIS session.
Our Repair Café is a free meeting place to bring along broken household items
help of experienced, volunteer repairers. Maximum three items per person per session.
Please note we are not a pick up and drop-off repair service - we want visitors to get involved and learn from the repair process.
Adelaide Repair Café is proudly supported by Adelaide Sustainability Centre, a community partnership between the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board and Conservation SA, and is funded through ‘Fund My Neighbourhood’.
Fixing is free, but donations encouraged to cover our costs.