Tucked away in the lanes of Nampally are dargahs which are symbolic of the Sufi culture that have been a part of the city's past since time immemorial. These centres daw people from all faiths who come in with a prayer and hope to find what they are seeking, be it peace or prosperity.
On this walk,
we explore the dargahs of Hazrat Shah Khamosh, Hazrat Yousufain and walk through the old bazaars and lanes that lead up to them.
The walk would end at the Qawwali that is performed every thursday evening at Dargah Yousufain, and the participants welcome to stay back and attend the same.
We will be assembling at Subhan Bakers, Nampally Road by 7:30 PM. Please make sure you are there by 7:30 PM or before.
here's the google maps link to Subhan Bakers :
You can call 93 93 63 39 39 or 73 82 24 90 66 in case you need to reach us.
How to reach :
The closest bus stop is Nampally Cross Roads, near Nampally Railway Station, from where you can walk towards Dargah on the Ek Minar Masjid Road.
For those coming in MMTS, the closest MMTS station is Hyderabad station.
Here are few pictures from our previous walks :
Participation Guidelines :
- Registration for the walk is Rs. 200 per person. ( Kids go free ).
- Walk lasts 2 hours, and spans a little over 1.5kms (with lots of breaks and stops in between).
- Please dress respectfully. Women are requested to bring along
scarves to cover their hair while going into the dargah. Please come wearing sandals or chappals so that you can remove them easily before entering the dargahs.
- Please carry your own bottle of water along with you to avoid buying plastic bottles.
- Our starting points are usually irani cafes etc. Plan on arriving early so that you can register, meet other participants and soak in the sights and sounds of the place, before embarking on the walk.
- If you are coming by your own vehicle, please plan on coming early in order to figure out parking. We are not responsible for parking, and we encourage people to come by public transport.
- If you are late and arrive after the walk has already started, it would be very difficult for you to join us. We can't promise that we'd be able to direct you to our current location, nor ensure that you would join the group. Hence, please don't be late.
- The walks shall always start promptly on time.
- Musicians, singers, performers are welcome to bring their instruments and songs. We'd be delighted to have you share your talents with the participants gathered before and after the walk. Same goes to jugglers, performers, poets, slammers, beatboxers and all artists.
- No smoking. This goes without saying - be courteous, respectful and considerate towards fellow participants and the walk hosts.