The 2018 Beacon Hose Firemen's Carnival and Parade is where the party's at! The 55th annual event is set for its return to downtown Beacon Falls this June -- here's the quick info you need to know:
- WHAT: The continuation of a tradition that stretches back to 1963, where we bring together old friends
and new neighbors for fun, food, music, rides and camaraderie
- WHEN: Thursday-Saturday, June 7-9
- WHERE: Beacon Hose Co. No. 1 (35 North Main Street, Beacon Falls)
- WHY: Our volunteer fire department and EMS service's biggest annual fundraiser to help fund our many programs, including fire prevention, scholarships, youth sports sponsorships, holiday celebrations, community events, opportunities for our volunteers and more
Here's what we've got on tap:
- $10,000 RAFFLE: Yep, we're going crazy to make our carnival raffle bigger than ever! The grand prize is $10,000, followed by 24 more cash prizes that total $7,000 (and a 26th prize of 10 Yard Goats tickets). Tickets cost $20 and are currently on sale through the carnival. They can be purchased at the firehouse, at our events, through a Beacon Hose member, or on our website.
- MORE FOOD, MORE BETTER: We're once again going to be adding some new items to our favorite carnival menu. Trust us, didn't we hit the nail on the head last year with lobster rolls? (They'll be back.)
- POUR ME SOMETHING: Domestic drafts, local craft beers, margaritas, sangria, and MAYBE something else over there at the beer truck!
- FUN FOR EVERYONE: Carnival rides and games from Marenna Amusements, live music all three nights, one of the state's biggest parades on Saturday, and all sorts of opportunities to kick off the summer with your friends and neighbors.
And finally, here's our schedule of events:
- THURSDAY: We're open from 6-10 p.m. Join us for our fourth trivia competition at 7:30 p.m., hosted by Jeff Kean. Teams of 2-8 can join for $5 per player, and the winning team gets half the pot! We'll also have live music by Jimi Jam and the Rehabs at 6:30 p.m.
- FRIDAY: We're open from 6-11 p.m. Join us for live music by Nashville Drive at 6:30 p.m.
- SATURDAY: We're open from 3-11:30 p.m. The parade steps off at 6 p.m. at Route 42 and South Main Street. Join us for live music by the Hazzard County Band at 7 p.m. The raffle drawing will be held at 9:30 p.m.
The support of Beacon Falls residents and all friends of Beacon Hose is always loyal and always appreciated. We're looking forward to another edition of our favorite event -- hopefully bigger and better than ever.
We're also seeking donations from local residents and sponsorships from local businesses to help offset the substantial costs of the running the event. Any donation or sponsorship helps, so we appreciate anything you can do.
Stay tuned for more news as we get closer to the event! In the meantime, check out some of these links for more information and ways to donate to the carnival cause.
- CARNIVAL HOME: http://bit.ly/bhccarnival
- DONATIONS: http://bit.ly/bhcdonate
- SPONSORSHIPS: http://bit.ly/bhcsponsor
- PARADE REGISTRATION: http://bit.ly/bhcparade